One of the items on my bucket list for the year was to start drinking warm lemon water in the morning before my cup of coffee. I actually started doing this about a week before Christmas and am officially 3 weeks into this new morning ritual. Not to get too personal but I’ve had stomach issues on and off for some time now and have been trying to eliminate or add items from my diet to figure out what I can do to help my stomach. I’ve always read about the benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning and have even tried a few times, but never stuck to the idea until now. I can honestly say I have 100% noticed a difference since starting to drink the warm lemon water. It’s actually been much easier than I had originally thought. As soon as I wake up or come home from working out I immediately turn on the kettle to heat the water. I cut up lemon slices the night before to use throughout the day so it makes it easier in the morning. The only part of my routine I’ve had to change is when I drink my coffee. Before it was when I get ready but now I drink the lemon water when I get ready and have coffee with my breakfast. There are so many benefits to drinking lemon water and I am so glad this is one healthy routine I’ve started for the new year.
BENEFITS OF LEMON WATER
- Helps to aid in digestion by slowing down the absorption of food and giving your body time to break it down and absorb the nutrients it needs. Also helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, burping, and bloating.
- Boosts your vitamin C level which is great for your skin and immune system.
- Lemon water can help to remove the uric acid from your joints, which is the main cause for inflammation.
- Helps to flush out toxins which is one reason you should drink it in the morning.
- Lemons are high in potassium which is good for your heart, brain, and nerve functioning.