Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. I love all the festive lights, holiday music, decorating the tree, and Advent Calendars! One of my all time memories of Christmas as a child was having an Advent Calendar. My mom would have one for us each and every year with no fail. There was something special about opening each day to find a surprise inside. I want London to have that same special memory so this year I created a calendar for her out of old Christmas wrap I had and items from the Target dollar bin. I know she won’t remember these early years of the Advent Calendar but it still makes it very special to now experience one of my greatest memories with her.
1. I took an old cork board I have to serve as the backdrop and covered it with red gift wrap.
2. I used old place cards for each day’s surprise and decorated the outside with different gift wrap trims and stickers. Each card is attached with a colored push pin against the board, and the place cards are glued together to keep the surprise a secret until opening.
3. Obviously London is too little to participate in a lot of things so I tried to make the ideas simple yet festive. Some of the days are filled with reading specific Christmas books and others are filled with wearing Christmas pajamas and singing Christmas carols.
4. The calendar is placed up on the table ready to open each nightly surprise!
5. Tonight’s surprise was the 3 of us singing “Jingle Bells”. Nathan didn’t care much for this surprise but I told him to buck up and clear out his wind pipe!
I can’t wait until London can help me decorate the calendar but until then mama will keep it going!
I told you yesterday I loaded up on clothes at Gap Kids on Friday at the 50% off sale. Here’s what I picked up for the munchkin.
Do you have any favorite Christmas memories? Would love to hear!
Thanks for reading,