This year I have been really excited about Halloween and I am pretty sure it’s because I now have a little one that seems to make all holidays more exciting than they used to be. I have tried to find different ways to decorate without spending a fortune and I came across Courtney’s blog and found the inspiration I needed for this banner. It’s so incredibly simple and cost around $5 to make. The best part is that you can be as creative as you want with the banner. I had more ideas in mind but time is of the essence these days so I was lucky to get it done in the first place!
≈What You’ll Need≈
Brown Paper Lunch Sacks
Stencils ( unless you prefer to draw by hand)
≈What You’ll Do≈
1. Cut folding ends of paper bag off and then cut the sides off. You can get two flags from one bag.
2. Cut a bottomless triangle on one end of each bag going up about 3-4 inches on each side.
3. Take your stencils or your free hand and draw the letters you want on each bag.
4. Make 1- 1 1/2 inch slits at the top of each bag where the ribbon will go through. I used a sharp razor to make my slits.
5. Put the ribbon through each slit going back and forth.
6. Hang from your mantle or wherever you want to show your holiday spirit!
Just an FYI it’s a good idea to know how long your mantle is before starting your banner. I tried to put the word happy in front of Halloween but our mantle wasn’t big enough so I ended up with just Halloween.
What’s your favorite inexpensive ways to decorate for Halloween?
Thanks for reading XOXO,