About this time every year I have angst trying to find a swimsuit. This year for some reason I’ve really stressed about finding that perfect suit which I felt comfortable to wear. I feel like I am more self conscious this year and maybe it’s because this is really the first year I will be in a suit since having London. I asked my good friend Sarah some of her thoughts on suits for the year and she gave me some great suggestions. My first priority was finding a good one piece and then a two piece. Since I plan on being at the pool with London this Summer running around and in and out of the water I figured a one piece was probably the safe way to go. Plus, I didn’t want any accidental free showings of London pulling my top down. I tried on at least half of these suits and did go with one of the one pieces. I am still on the hunt for a two piece.
1. J. CREW Tortoise- I love anything Tortoise and this flower adds a fun touch to this simple suit. Plus, it does come with a removable halter strap to hold up the suit.
2. Badgley Mischka– This suit looks more revealing that it actually is and I love the halter top style however I need a little more support in the front.
3. La Blanca– This suit has adjusting straps for more or less support plus a built in shelf bra. I love the ruched midriff because it’s hides the babytop(muffin top) and is actually the suit I ended up going with in the Cobalt color.
4. Robin Piccone– The crochet detailing on this suit is gorgeous however this did not look flattering on me at all. This suit runs small so you would want to go up a size.
5. Trina Turk– The back on this suit is amazing and I absolutely love the colors. I didn’t get a chance to try this suit on however it ties at the waist which I think would be very flattering and make your waist look tiny.
6. J. CREW Geometric– Love, love, love this pattern. I haven’t tried this one on either because unfortunately J. CREW doesn’t sell swimsuits in store so you have to order everything online. They have a fantastic return policy with swimsuits however I didn’t feel like buying all these suits only to return them. I have a couple J. CREW bikinis from last year so I will be taking these on vacation.
7. Target Leaf– This bikini is gorgeous and I love the pattern and colors however it did not look good on me at all. The top was either too big or too small. Plus, it’s a push up bra which I don’t usually go for.
I’d love to hear if you have any suggestions on suits you’ve loved this year.
P.S. Lattes and Lavender is now on Facebook. I debated for a while about whether or not to start a Facebook page only because I have a hard time keeping up with social media I currently am on, but it was time. Please stop by the page and let me know what you think. Here’s other ways you can also follow Lattes and Lavender.Instagram Bloglovin Pinterest Facebook