Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend didn’t exactly turn out how we had thought it would go, but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.  Friday night the hubs and I were able to get out and celebrate his birthday with some good old fashioned Mexican food and a few adult cocktails.  We then decided to walk across the street to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.  Big Mistake.  We were so full after this we decided we couldn’t make a movie and decided to come home and get in our fat pants instead.  Saturday morning we ended up picking London up early from the hub’s parents because his mom was sick and didn’t want to be around London.  We were a little nervous at first thinking London may have picked up the bug because she was acting pretty tired all through the morning.  But, after a little afternoon nap she appeared fine so we figured she was good to go! We were supposed to head to a St. Patrick’s party at a friends but by this time it was later in the afternoon and we had already missed the parade so didn’t end up going.  The hubs decided we should go grocery shopping instead and after all it was snack time for London and Costco would be handing out free samples.
So, after we go grocery shopping we are driving past our favorite Japanese restaurant and I mention how we need to eat there sometime in the near future.  The hubs says, “Let’s go now, I am hungry.”  I said sure, it was 4:30 and we could go for an early dinner and I was sure London would be calm and collective.  Big Mistake Number 2.  Wow. Dining with a toddler is a little different these days.  Thanks goodness we were literally the only ones in the restaurant because I am sure next time we go back there will be a sign out front with our pictures marked in black.  The child went crazy and threw everything I put on her plate onto the floor of course. She then decided she didn’t want to sit in the high chair after about 5 seconds and started screaming.   I have never wanted to get out of a restaurant so fast in my life.
After that debacle we decide to walk next door to Dairy Queen to drown our embarrassment in ice cream.  That’s when it all starts to happen.  London gets sick all over Nathan and all over herself.  We immediately leave the store because they both smell so bad. As soon as we get to the car she does it again.  So, we strip her down and she and the hubs drive shirtless all the way home.  This was pretty much the rest of our night.  London got sick two more times on Nathan that night and two times on me.  The only one who got out of being puked on was the dog.
Thankfully she was better today and thankfully none of us had to change clothes more than once. Whatever it was must have been a 24 hour SOB, but man it was rough.  Again, not how we saw the weekend going but we did manage to squeeze in some fun before the vomit fest began.


 Happy Monday.



  • Julie

    Well may the luck of the Irish be with you today!

    • noelani

      Thank you! I hope so too.

  • Oh Noey…that just sounds awful! Getting puked on, I can’t even…ugh. Well I am glad at least part of your weekend went smooth and glad that the sickness seemed to only be 24 hours…

    • noelani

      Yea, not fun. Nathan managed to get most of it but I did get my share. Oh little kids;)